Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone had Sony Vegas Registration Server Issues?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Vegas144
Visitor

Anyone had Sony Vegas Registration Server Issues?

When I tried to register Sony Vegas HD PLatinum 11, DVD Architect, and Sound Forge, I got an error message saying that my browser could not contact the registation server.  This happend multiple times. So I took the 'alternative' method offered by the software and entered my Authentification Code into the box. That worked and I was able to use the program. That was in late June.

However, I just got back from holiday and Vegas, DVD Architech, and Sound Forge simply will not load. DVD Architect and Sound forge are requesting on line registration, despite me entering my Authentication codes previously, so I guess the problem is that I still need to somehow register online as well as using the Authentication codes.

I am annoyed to say that Sony Customer Support are not returning my e-mails, and so I wonder if anyone out there has encountyered a similar issue?   

Message was edited by: RonVegas

Message was edited by: RonVegas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vegas144
Visitor

All is now resolved, but in a strange way.

Sony Customer Support were very friendly and responded quickly to my e-mail once I sent it to the right place. They suggested editing the registry to allow the on line registration program to run, but that made no difference.

In desperation I tried running the program in Windows 95 compatability mode (I am running XP SP3) and hey presto, the on line registration box appeared! So I registered on line via another computer, got the codes from Sony, and then ran the program (having unchecked the 95 compatability flag) and it now works!

I have no idea why that worked, but I'll put it out there just in casde anyone else hits the same problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
daempii
Visitor

I haven't tried registering on Sony Vegas. I will try when I get home and see if I get the same problem.

Vegas144
Visitor

All is now resolved, but in a strange way.

Sony Customer Support were very friendly and responded quickly to my e-mail once I sent it to the right place. They suggested editing the registry to allow the on line registration program to run, but that made no difference.

In desperation I tried running the program in Windows 95 compatability mode (I am running XP SP3) and hey presto, the on line registration box appeared! So I registered on line via another computer, got the codes from Sony, and then ran the program (having unchecked the 95 compatability flag) and it now works!

I have no idea why that worked, but I'll put it out there just in casde anyone else hits the same problem.

profile.country.GB.title
HogeGamer
New

how to get serial key

profile.country.GB.title
HogeGamer
New

i dont have