Join now - be part of our community!

AR series

profile.country.en_GB.title
nrmalle
Visitor

AR series

Hi everyone I need to buy a new laptop.I do need to be able to edit video (high definition).
Most of the reports I read seem to mention problems with Blu-ray recorder.Are the new 51SU any better?
I am not an expert messing with computers i need something reliable.
I appreciate any comments and advice on buying the AR series.They do come with good photo software.

Thankyou

Belgrave

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

Hi Belgrave:

I have a AR51SU about 3/4 months...I have no problems with the BR...
I have all fhe updates from Vaio...

Best regards

nrmalle
Visitor

Hi V.57 Thank you very much.I think I will order from Comet who appear to be at least £200.00 cheaper than others.I might get extended warranty.
Have you used Adobe Premier bundled?.Is it O.K for HD video.

Thanks again

Visitor

Have you considered the FZ series. Apparently the screen is more colour accurate than most other screens. I use dual monitor, and between the two monitors is like night and day.

V57...
Contributor

And the AR51SU has a screen with 1900x1200...Full Hd

V57...
Contributor

I have Windvd Bd and the Power Dvd from Cyberlink...
I prefer the Power Dvd...

tonybeard
Explorer

Have a look here With up to 4 gig of RAM (3 gig operational system memory) and 800 MHZ Front Side Bus you will have no problem with AVID, Premiere or Pinnacle Studio dropping frames at the HD required 27 MBPS. Editing will alway take time however and a desktop will always be superior for this especially using Vista.

V57...
Contributor

I think you can't upgrade the AR51SU to 4 gig of RAM...

tonybeard
Explorer

Here are the specs for the AR51SU.CEK You would need 4 gig for video editing or you would have to make changes and wait overnight everynight
Intel® Centrino® Duo processor technology with Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T7700 (2.40 GHz and 800 MHz FSB) and Intel® PRO/Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n
Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate (English version)
500 GB Serial ATA 4200rpm hard disk drive (2 x 250 GB, RAID 0 and 1 supported)
2 GB DDR2-667 SDRAM (2 x 1024 MB), maximum 4 GB DDR2-667 SDRAM - In the case of 4GB, a portion of the system memory over 3GB might not be available to the operating system
17" WUXGA (1920 x 1200) widescreen X-black LCD with double lamp technology
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT graphics processing unit with Total Available Graphics Memory of 1023 MB and dedicated Video Memory of 256 MB
Blu-ray Disc™ Drive (up to 50 GB of storage)
Hybrid TV Tuner & remote control
Built-in 'Motion Eye' Digital Camera (30 frames per second, 1.3 Mega Pixels) with Motion Picture Function (max. resolution (pixels) SXGA/1280*1024/raw data) and built-in microphone
Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n; Bluetooth® technology
3 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 ports
Hi-gloss black finish; UK QWERTY keyboard

V57...
Contributor