Join now - be part of our community!

AR series

profile.country.en_GB.title
nrmalle
Visitor

AR series

Hi everyone I need to buy a new laptop.I do need to be able to edit video (high definition).
Most of the reports I read seem to mention problems with Blu-ray recorder.Are the new 51SU any better?
I am not an expert messing with computers i need something reliable.
I appreciate any comments and advice on buying the AR series.They do come with good photo software.

Thankyou

Belgrave

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Yes... the maximum is 2048 Mb...

I think that you will find that the maximum is 2048 Mb per slot, thus 4096MB total.

Have a look here - I have yet to find Crucial to provide incorrect information...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

It also states 2048MB RAM installed upgradeable to 4096 MB in the AR51SU's specs, see HERE

profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

Ok...Sony is wrong...

VGN-AR51SU
Memory Upgrade

How do I replace or upgrade my Vaio's memory ?

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Please note that this VAIO model is not upgradeable. It already contains the maximum amount of memory possible. Use this procedure only if you need to replace a memory module.
Memory Installed Slot 1 : 1024 Mb
Slot 2 : 1024 Mb

Maximum Memory 2048 MB

Memory Type SO-DIMM - 667Mhz (DDR2)

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Infact as Rich's link and crucial point out 32 bit operating systems can only at a stretch, even with Vista, handle a very maximum of 3.5 gig of RAM despite the hardware, I have a future proof 64bit desktop which can take 16 terabytes of RAM and do you think I can enjoy it.....nearly all the software on the planet either doesn't have drivers or just simply crashes. Anyway the AR series chipsets as pointed out at the last CV meeting by Nico is not a true 64 bit but emulates it so it will let you use Vista 64bit and a full measure 4 gig of ram but you won't have flash player and most of the CS3 adobe bundle will crash crash crash. Maybe Adobe Premiere won't be unstable in 64bit but Pinnacle Studio 10 performed very poorly dropping frames in the thousands. Perfect in 32bit however. Vaio Link need to correct that specification in support to be fair to V.57 :smileygrin:Speaking of errors crucial are not perfect either or they are trying to sell strawberries out of season

V57...
Contributor

Thanks TonyBeard...now i'm going to upgrade my 51su...

Visitor

You could also use a USB pen with the Readyboost to increase your memory. Corsair do very fast drives.

V57...
Contributor

Yes I have one usb flash...I d'ont see any difference...