Join now - be part of our community!

AR21S New Nvidia driver won't install???

w0ss4g3
Visitor

AR21S New Nvidia driver won't install???

Hi,

I was just trying to update the graphics driver for my 7600GT Go to the one available on the sony support website:

Graphics Driver (NVIDIA) - 6.14.11.7996 32 bits
58.16 MB 30/04/2010

However, whenever I run the executable ( EP0000224155.exe ) it just says VAIO Packaging Manager Extracting then disappears.. with nothing else coming up. I wanted to update the driver as firefox is crashing after the latest flash update and I have seen suggestions that older graphics drivers may be the cause.

Anyone have any suggestions? - I know I could download the nvidia version and edit the .inf, but won't I lose some functionality if i do that?

Cheers for any help

2 REPLIES 2
Edu230
Visitor

Hi w0ss4g3,

Hi,

I was just trying to update the graphics driver for my 7600GT Go to the one available on the sony support website:

Graphics Driver (NVIDIA) - 6.14.11.7996 32 bits
58.16 MB 30/04/2010

However, whenever I run the executable ( EP0000224155.exe ) it just says VAIO Packaging Manager Extracting then disappears.. with nothing else coming up. I wanted to update the driver as firefox is crashing after the latest flash update and I have seen suggestions that older graphics drivers may be the cause.

Anyone have any suggestions? - I know I could download the nvidia version and edit the .inf, but won't I lose some functionality if i do that?

Cheers for any help

Try downloading the driver with Windows Updates, it solved my problem.

Regards,
Eduardo Macho

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi w0ss4g3,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you checked whether the update has actually installed.. :thinking: