Join now - be part of our community!

My brand new Vaio experience = Vaio link experience

profile.country.pl_PL.title
pizieli28
Visitor

My brand new Vaio experience = Vaio link experience

Hello everybody,

I write this post to share with you my Vaio experience. I recently (1,5 month ago) bought new notebook (my first) and of course I have chosen Vaio over some other brands. Since this is Vaio club forum then i suspect that all you reading this post think that i have made right decision. If someone have told me then that i won't be using my new notebook for more then 4 days in a row and will send it to the service 3 times in 30 days i would laugh at him.

Whole system keeps freezing during various actions (copying from flash drives, portable hard disks, even during system starting) i don't have to tell you how annoying it can be. Up till now they (service) replaced USB card, Mainboard, hard disk, updated Bios. In two days computer will be taken to them for third time. Frankly i don't believe that they know what is happening and replace components somewhat at random, can't blame them... i don't have a clue what the cause might be either.
The worst part of the whole case is that support guys who replace parts are turning the computer on, using it for a while, state that everything is ok and send it back to me. I use it for a little longer and it freezes again... :thinking:
Now it's to late to give it back to the provider who sold it to me and i'm stuck with this piece of frozen hitech hardware...

On the bright side i must admit that the service (call centre, couriers, engineers) work flawlessly. Just the defect is for them to hard to find. I hope that finally (rather sooner than later) my computer will rise from dead or if support guys will give up, I will be given a defectfree replacement.
Keep your fingers crossed.

pozdrawiam
Kefaso

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Kefaso and welcome to Club Vaio.

I am sorry to hear your sad story.

I am sure Sony Support will do all they can to rectify the problem but please update us on how this latest repair goes.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.pl_PL.title
pizieli28
Visitor

Ok, it's time for a little update.
Computer was taken for another replacement therapy. I have the list of things replaced before me and it's... impresive :). So far (<24h since recieving Vaio) it works without any problems. I've tried the one thing i know that caused freezing, namely copying large files in and from USB drives. So far so good.

Apart from that...
Vaio Link advisors have contacted me (mainly thanks to this forum readers... :wink: ) and had a little talk with me, listend to my worries and about my short and fruitful Vaio experience. The talk was quite long and after that i've felt rather optimistic.

I will update you for a week or two how my testing develop.

cheers
Kefaso