Join now - be part of our community!

AR21S - Release Catch Problems

RobMeade
Visitor

AR21S - Release Catch Problems

Hi all,

Reference a reply from Thalamus in a previous thread he made the suggestion that I should post a new post for the above issue.

I have purchased the above notebook only to find that whilst typing the release catch pops up, I can put it back down and move the slider across, but shortly afterwards it'll pop up again - nicely jabbing me in the wrist.

During the process of type 1 email it happened 13 times.

I subsequently contacted the company that sent the product to me under the 28 day remote goods act thingy, and they sent me a replacement, it does exactly the same thing.

I've come to the conclusion that this is design fault, more frustratingly there's probably a small screen on the inside that could just be easily tightened to reduce/stop the problem altogether.

If Sony design people are reading (unlikely I know) - I'd strongly urge that future models have the annoying sticky uppy catch thingy on the top (the screen part) rather than the base.

For those that are interested please note that I do not type like a neandethal and do have the softest of soft touches...

This was indeed the fly in the ointment for the £2k price tag...

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Rob,

I think you should open a case with Vaio-link for this problem and see if they can offer you a solution.. :slight_frown:

RobMeade
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thank you for your reply.

To do that, do I just click on the banner add at the top of the forum for the "Online Support" etc?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Rob

Yes you can or you click on this link then choose the either Phone, e-support or fax as your method of contact.. :slight_smile: