Join now - be part of our community!

AR51J Drivers

Mr_kzimir
Visitor

AR51J Drivers

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I just bought a Vaio AR51J and as I had already bought a Windows vista business license.
I decided to format it and install vista business.

The problem is that i haven't made any back up of my AR51J and I just realised that i don't have a recovery CD neither.

I would like to know if there was a way to find them somewhere.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mr_kzimir and welcome to Club Vaio.

Sony load your Recovery Software (System and Applications) on your hard disc in a hidden partition. Have you just formatted drive C:\ or the whole hard drive?

If you look in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disc Management do you have a Recovery Partition as well as Partition C:\?

If you still have the Recovery partition you can take your Vaio back to Factory Settings and then make Recovery DVDs which will contain the Drivers and Utilities and other software.

The Drivers and Utilities are normally available for download from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&m=2875

But they are not yet available for your model so you will need to wait for them to be released or to contact Sony.

:slight_frown:

Mr_kzimir
Visitor

Thx for this fast answer :slight_smile:

Yes i still have my EISA Partition.

But how can i use it to go back to factory settings ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

To recover your Vaio back to factory settings: -

Connect mains power to prevent any power problems during recovery.
Turn on your Vaio and at the first Vaio logo screen, press F10 repeatedly.
This should start the Recovery Wizard from your EISA Recovery Partition.

When you have recovered the Vaio, you will find all your Drivers in C:\Drivers folder and you can copy them to a CD ur USB drive for installing another version of Vista.

To make a Recovery DVD set: -

Start -> VAIO Recovery Utility and choose to make the Recovery Media. I think you need three DVD+R or DVD-R. This will also have your Drivers and Utilities on it.

:wink:

Mr_kzimir
Visitor

Thx for your help everything is back to normal now :slight_smile: