Join now - be part of our community!

ATi Catalyst Drivers

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

ATi Catalyst Drivers

Is it safe for me to use the official ATi drivers for my Radeon X600XT card in my RA104? The driver is compatible with it, but I wasn't sure if it's locked by Sony or something.

Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

As usual Kee-Lo solves his own problems, lucky someone does isn't it? So as I'm a cool bloke I thought I'd give some feedback to other Sony users, 'cos I'm good like that.

Anyway the new ones are working fine, and there's a few nice extras like a few more screen resolutions, so it's good for 16:10 displays. It doesn't really improve much GPU wise, but then again I'm not a gamer, and this card is a little dated now, so it's not going to give you brilliant FPS on games like Call Of Duty, or whatever people play today.

The ATi Control Panel is very good though, you can control nearly every aspect. Guess this is why Sony are not too keen on it, because if you're not careful you can do some stuff you really don't want to do. Otherwise this is good for the power users and tweakers.

Anyway I thought I'd give it a go, Acronis TrueImage is there if anything goes wrong, but it all seems very good so far.

Worth a go in my opinion.

Lar77
Visitor

I wanted to answer your question but I had no idea what the answer might be :smileygrin: