Join now - be part of our community!

ATI display driver won't install

profile.country.uk_UA.title
GinoTitov
Visitor

ATI display driver won't install

HI all! When I install AMD Radeon HD 6650M and Mobile Intel® HD Graphics software, the included ATI display driver fails to install. As a result the Radeon graphics adapter on my docking station does not seem to be working, I cannot switch on External display mode and work with external display connected to the dock station. How to troubleshoot this? Thank you very much in advance!!!

Message was edited by: GinoTitov

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Gino Titov,

Can you confirm that you have followed the installation instructions to the letter?

You must connect the Power Media Dock (docking station) to your notebook when installing the 64-bit driver “ AMD Radeon HD6650M & Intel Mobile HD graphics ”. This driver won’t install if the Power Media Dock is not connected. Note that the driver “AMD Radeon HD6650M & Intel Mobile HD graphics” is a hybrid graphics driver for both the AMD and Intel graphics adapters. If you have purchased a VAIO VPCZ21/Z23 notebook series without the Power Media Dock, please install the standalone 64-bit driver Intel Mobile HD graphics . You must install ALL drivers and utilities labelled 64-bit or 32/64-bit that are available in the Preinstalled download section of your model. Failure to install ALL drivers and utilities may cause some features (for e.g.: Fn-hotkeys, etc.) not to operate properly.

Please read this if you are installing a clean version of Windows 7 32-bit Edition  You must connect the Power Media Dock (docking station) to your notebook when installing the 32-bit driver AMD Radeon HD6650M & Intel Mobile HD graphics . This driver won’t install if the Power Media Dock is not connected. Note that the driver “AMD Radeon HD6650M & Intel Mobile HD graphics” is a hybrid graphics driver for both the AMD and Intel graphics adapters. If you have purchased a VAIO VPCZ21/Z23 notebook series without the Power Media Dock, please use a Windows 7 inbox Intel graphics driver. You must install ALL drivers and utilities labelled 32-bit or 32/64-bit that are available in the Preinstalled download section of your model. Failure to install ALL drivers and utilities may cause some features (for e.g.: Fn-hotkeys, etc.) not to operate properly.

If so can you confirm that you are using the pre-installed OS on your VPCZ23V9R/X and, if relevant, the reason for the need to reinstall.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
GinoTitov
Visitor

The reason to reinstall was that I did not want the preinstalled Windows - wrong language 😞 So I bought a new one.

In the end of my struggle with Radeon graphics package I reinstalled Windows 7 again cleanly and was able to install Radeon stuff on clean system. However this time I cannot install VAIO Care, installation says it was successful but there is no VAIO Care anywhere in the system, not in the installed program list, not in the Start->All Programs. 😞 Same with Infineon TPM executable.

Also Fn->F7 acts rather weirdly when trying to work with external monitor - not all options are working, some are working if HDMI is connected to laptop, some work if you connect HDMI cable to the docking station. Since I only have a clean new genuine Windows 7 Pro and VAIO software downloaded from official site it's really frustrating. After spending $$$ on a top of the line VAIO Z I did not expect so many problems with Sony's own software not working...

profile.country.en_GB.title
KatherineYH
Visitor

Have you tried updating your drivers to something in between? Trying perhaps 9.x first, then maybe 10.5?

Life is too serious to be taken seriously https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

GinoTitov
Visitor

There is no such option as download older drivers on Sony site... Also VAIO Care is not a driver, I resolved the problem with ATI display driver myself but I cannot reinstall Windows each time something is wrong with VAIO software :-(((