Join now - be part of our community!

ATI mobility Radeon HD 5650 at vpceb1z1e

SOLVED
doumasn
New

ATI mobility Radeon HD 5650 at vpceb1z1e

I have purchuased a Sony Vaio vpceb1z1e and I upgraded it to Windows 8.1, but graphic card is not working properly. A windows update embeds the specific driver, but it plays any video with no video, but only sound. When I install thw windows 7 driver, conflicts with the HDMI output. At ATI's website shows me to contact my manufacturer. Where I can find the driver for my graphic card for Windows 8.1???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi doumasn, Sony do support windows 8 or your vaio and as you have discovered the Radeon drivers on the ATI site will not install on your Vaio.

You could check out mobility modder at HardwareHeaven.com but these modded drivers are obviously not supported by Sony so could possibly have adverse affects or you could check the specifications of other vaio model running windows 8 to see if they have a similar driver.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi doumasn, Sony do support windows 8 or your vaio and as you have discovered the Radeon drivers on the ATI site will not install on your Vaio.

You could check out mobility modder at HardwareHeaven.com but these modded drivers are obviously not supported by Sony so could possibly have adverse affects or you could check the specifications of other vaio model running windows 8 to see if they have a similar driver.