Join now - be part of our community!

Battery has died within 10 Months?! Guaranteed??

Mr_DoughBoy
Visitor

Battery has died within 10 Months?! Guaranteed??

Hi all,

Today when I've turned my laptop on it told me in Vista that no laptop battery was detected, I tried removing the power cable from the laptop and lost power immediately.

Ive removed the battery theres no sign of damage and no dirt on the contacts, is it likely to be the actual laptop or the battery??

Ive had this laptop less than 10 months and I cant believe the battery has gone already is it guaranteed for a year?

Many Thanks
Mr_DoughBoy

6 REPLIES 6
helloimgeoff1
Visitor

It's got a manafacturers guarentee with Sony, although it's normally better to take it through with the supplier where you got it from, as most of the time if you have the recipt you can either get a full refund, get it repaired free, or an exchange for the same laptop again.

Best of luck, Geoff.

Mr_DoughBoy
Visitor

AH thank you I wasn't sure if the batteries were guaranteed :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

AH thank you I wasn't sure if the batteries were guaranteed  :smileygrin:

Sorry to disillusion you Mr_DoughBoy, but despite what Geoff says, Sony deem the battery to be a consumable and is therefore not covered by the 12 month guarantee.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tellyaddict07
Visitor

I had this problem just before christmas and my laptop was only 7 months old, i opened a case file with sony support and even though it was outside battery guarantee period they had replaced it within a week of opening the case file free of charge so you could try you might be lucky like me

jonrees69
Visitor

I read somewhere that SONY's offical/unofficial warranty on batteries was around 3 months - and yes they are seen as a 'consumable' and so are not generally covered.

J

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jonrees69

Sony has recently increased the battery warranty period from 90 days to 6 months.. :slight_smile: