Join now - be part of our community!

Beware of substandard hard drive integrity

profile.country.en_GB.title
pyramids3
Visitor

Beware of substandard hard drive integrity

A very well cared for sony vaio, purchased Dec 2011 for christmas. Needed replacement on Boxing day looked like a visual display issue, only downloads itunes, no discs installed or games etc. Got replacement, took it out once, never left unattended, was in a car to and from a friends house, next day developed fault unable to restore, sent back for repair, some reference to it being a hard drive issue. That was within a few weeks of the first repair. This sony vaio i5 has now broken down again, this time 13mnths after the last repair. The smart failure warnings re hard drive and my innability to restore or repair lead me to believe thre is a major issue with the hard drive that will cost BIG. This laptop has been only moderately used, only ever "commuted" with once, (resulting in the need for a repair), and ususally used in one room on a laptop table. I expected more than this from my sony vaio and have found myself too paranoid to use it in the way it was supposed to be used, ie as a MOBILE machine. I am bitterly dissapointed in this product. Am I the only one having these problems and am I the only one who feels that for £600 and 13mnths I have been ripped off? Think I will just get cheaper but speedy laptops 2yrly and expect one costly repair over that period, would still fare better than this! By the way sony offer 2yr guarantees to 16 out of 21 of the European countries it services, UK is only 1 out of 5 countries that DO NOT get this service.

0 REPLIES 0