Join now - be part of our community!

Big issues with my Vaio VGN-G21XP

profile.country.de_DE.title
cutolo91
Visitor

Big issues with my Vaio VGN-G21XP

All,

I wish you could help. I am working since almost 2j with my 12" vgn-g21xp.

Everything goes well apart the last 6 months. I have currently the following problems:

- the fan is running runnning and running....no matter if there are 10windows open or just 1. No idea the reason.

- under the system components (see pic) there is 1 part beeing deactivated from the system itself (PCI Bus...). If I try to reactivate it, it works but the system will deactivate it again few minutes later. Do you have an idea what that is and how can I solve it?

- the processor works often with almost 100% power notwithstanding the fact that there are not programms or any other cpu consuming actions running (means I do nothing, just reading my emails ....)

Perhaps you can help giving me ideas how can i solve above problems before i try to contact any local sony shops that will only try to sell me some expensive parts if not needs at all.

Thank you

peter

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Peter,

Have you done a full Virus/Malware scan?  Something must be using the CPU.  Try a few programs - Spybot Search and Destroy is always worth a run.

Failing that, check your memory using a memory checker to make sure all is OK - you have not recently upgraded the memory?

Have you cleaned out the cooling vents to make sure the U7500 CPU is not overheating.  Ultra Low voltage CPUs need to work quite hard.

Have you updated your system from the Vaio Update website? I see there is a Intel 915GMS chipset driver update: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-G21XP_B

:thinking:

profile.country.de_DE.title
cutolo91
Visitor

Hi,

- I made a s&d check and everything is fine, no virus or anything else installed.

- I made yesterday as well a driver update using driver genius professional but it seems it does not help since I still have the same error in the system management (see attached)

- Memory check? what do you mean? no, I have not updgrade it....everything as original.

- Fan? cleaned out ? pls explain? I never did anyting at all with the fan...... and currently it is making me creazy, it run run and run....

Appreciate your feedback, thank you

peter