Join now - be part of our community!

How can I increase the size of the Vaio Personal Safe?

profile.country.en_GB.title
mrhickey
Visitor

How can I increase the size of the Vaio Personal Safe?

Hi all,

I need to safe some important files to the personal safe on my vaio. The only thing is the safe limit is 2gb. Does anyone know how I can increase this? I am vey grateful for your help.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Hi Mr. Hickey,

Welcome to ClubVaio.

Personal Safe in “Privacy & Security” tool can help  you split a private  space from your selected disk.

Can you be more specific regarding your laptop model, OS, and Personal Safe version?

Questions :

Do you already create your personal safe ? which size ?

I can be more specific at soon I receive complementary info...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm not sure the manual covers this but you may like it anyway!

http://www.upek.com/pdf/Protector_Suite_2009_User_Guide-English.pdf

Have a look at Page 47 here: -

http://www.c3po.eu/descargas/manuales/eikon/Manual_en.pdf

:wink:

mrhickey
Visitor

Hi itbroker,

My model number is vpcs11h7e

I am not sure which version of personal safe it is. It was preinstalled on my laptop. When I click on it I then swipe my fingerprint and it opens. The limit is 2Gb.

Thanks

mrhickey
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for that pdf. Im sure its version 2009 of Protector Suite. I still cant quite figure out how to increase the storage space of the encrypted zone. Any help very much appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Not quite sure MrHickey but I have in the back of my mind that the settings for the size of the encryped area used to be in the 'My Safe' dashboard but like you I cannot find it.

Perhaps a phone call to UPEK?

:wink:

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

MrHickey,

Some times a simple answer is the better answer...

I read both manuals and the word SIZE is only reported 01 time for each manual. So...I assume that the encrypted file has a dynamic size and will increase proportionally as necessary with a size limited by 02 GB.

I do consider 02GB more than enough, 'cause if you need more space, you just need to create a new "Personal Safe File again". BTW : The manual is simple and easy to understand.

Since 05 years I had been selling security solutions, including biometrical hardware for LATAM market  and I did not like the fact of "poor" information regarding key size and algorithm supported.  These infos are considered to  evaluate the quality of the software.  A good software must generate a criptographic key size between 2048 / 4096. Algorithm AES must be supported.

As Blen said : Perhaps a phone call to UPEK will solve the mystery ?

mrhickey
Visitor

Thanks guys, I will give UPEK a call and see what they say.