Join now - be part of our community!

BIOS setting was changed - Error 603

SOLVED
profile.country.cs_CZ.title
adamcz001
Visitor

BIOS setting was changed - Error 603

The Sony Vaio laptop SVS1512X9EB I ordered a recovery disk. When trying to restore (recovery & maintanance) error message:

"BIOS setting was changed

This recovery media can not be Used for this BIOS setting. Exit VAIO Care (Rescue mode) and change the BIOS setting back to the default.

Error 603 "

How do I switch the BIOS? I suppose now booting from UEFI.

IMG_0122.JPG

Message was edited by: adamcz001

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi adamcz001,

To enter the BIOS settings press the Assist key when the computer is fully shut down, then press F2 when the Vaio Care | Rescue Mode screen is displayed.

Rescue mode - assist button.JPG

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.cs_CZ.title
adamcz001
Visitor

Magic.... working, thank you very much.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Adam :-)

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.ro_RO.title
iamcaps
Visitor

hi adam , can we talk a bit ? can you give me a skype id or ym or something ? best regards

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi adamcz001,

To enter the BIOS settings press the Assist key when the computer is fully shut down, then press F2 when the Vaio Care | Rescue Mode screen is displayed.

Rescue mode - assist button.JPG

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
iamcaps
Visitor

hey rich , i have the same problem using usb memory stick , i had to change from hdd to ssd and i made a recovery usb stick , the problem is that i get that error 603 with bios settings was change bla bla , the problem is that if i change the option in bios from legacy to uefi the usb stick is not working anymore and if i change from uefi to legacy i get error 603 , what should i do please ?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi iamcaps,

I have no experience of recovering a Windows 8 system but are you by any chance using a USB 3 supported flash drive? I understand that only USB 2 is supported for the recovery process on an external drive.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
iamcaps
Visitor

the usb drive is usb2.0 , if i boot from uefi mode i get a bluescreen and tells me something like your pc needs to be repaired bla bla , but its booting from legacy mode but i get that crap with 603 error , any other ideea ? thanks

iamcaps
Visitor

model is SVS1512X9EB

iamcaps
Visitor

and yes , im using assist button trying to recovery