Join now - be part of our community!

BIOS setting was changed - Error 603

SOLVED
profile.country.cs_CZ.title
adamcz001
Visitor

BIOS setting was changed - Error 603

The Sony Vaio laptop SVS1512X9EB I ordered a recovery disk. When trying to restore (recovery & maintanance) error message:

"BIOS setting was changed

This recovery media can not be Used for this BIOS setting. Exit VAIO Care (Rescue mode) and change the BIOS setting back to the default.

Error 603 "

How do I switch the BIOS? I suppose now booting from UEFI.

IMG_0122.JPG

Message was edited by: adamcz001

Tags (4)
16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Grasping at straws here but you refer to booting from the USB media - can you confirm that you are pressing the Assist button when fully shut down and then pressing F10 or possibly F11.

Can you please let us know your product model number?

Rich

Edit: Can you please let us know why you are attempting to recover (unless this is just the change of drive) - just incase there is an underlying hardware problem that is preventing a recovery.

Message was edited by: rich912

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I'm afraid that I can't think of anything else to offer. There is always the possibility that there is a corruption on the recovery media but I will escalate to Support to see whether they have any suggestions.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

One further thought - if the old HDD is still functioning you could try refitting this and then create a new set of recovery media using DVD.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
n84alvi
New

Hi imcaps, I am having the same problem and in my case my usb boorts from both legacy & uefi modes. but still i get below error:

"This Recovery Media cannot be used for this BIOS setting. Exit VAIO Care Rescue and change the BIOS setting back to the default Error: 603"

Its a long time since you've posted this here and I hope you got the solution by now :slight_smile: could you please share did you find a solution? could you please guide me as well?
profile.country.RU.title
akelesy
Expert

Just thought, what would bumb me to the community again... and it was the same problem! :slight_smile:

Hi, rich, nope, this solution won't work 😞

Gotta try to call to the Sony Support and listen to their point of view on how to resolve that

OM NAMAH SHIVAYA
profile.country.RU.title
akelesy
Expert

Actually loading and saving default settings didn't work for me. The trick was to set up UEFI in the BOOT MODE in BIOS. 

Hope that would help the others:)

OM NAMAH SHIVAYA
tichu1
Explorer

I'm trying with my recovery discs to a new hdd . Found this error while on legacy mode. But not booting the dvd drive when I switch to UEFI mode. any solution ?