Join now - be part of our community!

Blank box on screen

davetwyman
Visitor

Blank box on screen

Hi have just bought an La2 which I am generally very happy with, however after doing all the install procedures and updating everything I am left with a blank white box on the screen at start up, with "Club Vaio" in the quick start bar, how do I remove it, I can close it easily by hitting "close" but it just takes a bit of the polish off the machine.
I have looked at "programmes" but there are so many Sony ones I dont want to delete the wrong one!

3 REPLIES 3
ITTP
Visitor

Same problem with VGN FZ11S. Also applies to "user guide" and "register your VAIO". They were originally populated. Have had no response from e-support. (I'm afraid I already hate it and I've only had it 24 hrs!).... :devil:

polly12
Visitor

I also had problems viewing my club vaio just blank white box. I eventualy I right clicked to view where the files were and found that a newmyclub vaio had been installed clicked on this application and it worked ok. I created shortcut on my desktop and then that worked ok. so deleted the old one. Couldn't find a way of linking it to the welcome screen though. Hope it helps. Sony must have updated it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi davetwyman

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

You should be able to stop My Club Vaio.exe from starting if you go to start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Task Scheduler..

In task scheduler you should have three windows, Overview of Task Scheduler, then below this Task Status and finally at the bottom Active tasks..

In task scheduler go to the bottom section of the centre column (called active tasks)

Double click LaunchMCV and in the new window select delete... :slight_smile: