Join now - be part of our community!

Can XP be installed on SZ61?

MrHyde
Visitor

Can XP be installed on SZ61?

I have a Vaio SZ61, which is, of course, preinstalled with Windows Vista. I'm having problems accessing my work email, which runs on Outlook, and which is obtained from my employer's website, through IE7. I get a 404 error, and, on investigating this, it seems its a known, inherent problem with IE7. As getting my work email at home is crucial, I am stuck. However, I have seen a few people post about installing XP on their Vaios, and I wondered if it would be possible to install XP on my machine, as the problem does not manifest itself under that OS.

Although I'm relatively competent with computers, the procedures described on this forum looks quite daunting. However, I'd be extremely grateful for advice, as my current situation is extremely awkward. I had thought of asking at a Sony Centre to see if they would provide this as a service. Might this be possible?

TIA.

1 REPLY 1
MrHyde
Visitor

To save everyone's time, I have found that Sony have offered this as an official downgrade. Brilliant! I'm off to try it.

Thanks for anyone who might have looked, with the thought of assisting. If anyone is interested, I'll let you know how well it goes.