Join now - be part of our community!

Blu Ray unit won*t recognise any blu ray disc

profile.country.ro_RO.title
MC.EPY
Visitor

Blu Ray unit won*t recognise any blu ray disc

I have a Sony Vaio laptop - product name - VPCF23S1E, Model PCG-81313. I changed the hard drive and I reinstalled windows 7 64 bit. After installing my blu ray writer unit not recognize any blu ray disc. The unit tell me to insert a disc blu ray and eject the disc . The unit is functional, read any DVD or CD, but will not recognize blu ray. Blu ray is PIONEER BD-RW BDR-TD03. Before reinstall Windows, the drive worked perfectly and i recorded blu ray disc with it. Now I can not even read discs recorded with this unit. Please help me if you know any solution thank you. I instal all the driver and nothing : (

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MC.EPY,

Did you use your created recovery media to install Windows on the new drive or a retail copy of Windows 7?

The retail version has no native support for Blue-Ray whereas the recovery media includes third party software such as CyberLink Power DVD which supports Blue-Ray.

You can either purchase a third party software or return your machine to factory settings using the disks you should have created.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MC.EPY
Visitor

Hy Rich, I used a retail copy, and I installed ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 6, which has support for blu ray, but still does not work. Unfortunately I formatted the hard disk and lost old software version that came preinstalled device.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MC.EPY,

I'm not familiar with the ArcSoft player and not sure why it is not working.

I suggest you download a free trial of PoweDVD to see whether that works.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/features_en_GB.html

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MC.EPY
Visitor

I installed CyberLink Power DVD 12 trial and still does not work. I've attached a screenshot of the message that appears when i insert a disc blu ray. I think the problem is the driver, my laptop not recognise Blu Ray drive, he sees the drive only DVD / CD

MC.EPY
Visitor

which program of Sony contains the blu ray  driver for SONY VAIO ?

Hi, I have this same problem.  My VPCEE3Z0E/BQ has the same drive doing the same thing.  It is just not recognising Blu Ray discs.  Tells me to insert disc etc.

Has anyone come up with a fix???