Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard problem requiring desktop returned to SONY

KevMurphy
New

Keyboard problem requiring desktop returned to SONY

I have a SONY VAIO desktop VPCL22K1E. It has a wireless keyboard.  Unfortunately one of the keys (the 0 key on the number keypad) has come loose and I can't fix it back on.  The shop where I bought it from says that I need to bring both the keyboard and the desktop itself both back in so that they can repair or replace the keyboard.  This means that they want me to back up all of the data and settings I've got on the VAIO and then bring in the desktop which they will send to SONY for 'repair'.  They think SONY will likely wipe the hard disk and rebuild so that is why they advise that I need to backup my data.  I am simply astonished.  Can this truely be the case ?  I have a key that needs re-attached to the keyboard - and SONY are saying I need to bring in the DESKTOP itself so they can fix the WIRELESS keyboard.  The shop says that the wireless keyboard is uniquely synchronized / paired to the desktop which is why they need both back.   Honestly it is such a big hassle I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have bought the VAIO.  Has anyone experienced or heard of this problem before and if so what was the resolution, please ? Also, does anyone know if the above explanation of uniquely paired devices is correct ?  Much appreciated.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
binbash

HI KevMurphy, 

Wow that does sound very odd, the issue here I think is with the shop itself, was it a Sony Centre? That does sound very odd indeed. I very much doubt they are uniqely paired together, I would say they have some form of chatter between the two to make a trusted secure connection but thats about it. 

Hope we can help! 

binbash