Join now - be part of our community!

Blue Vaio Light Turns Off and Beeps During Program

rikki438
Visitor

Blue Vaio Light Turns Off and Beeps During Program

:cry: Hi there I was wondering if anyone can help me I have been running my Sony Vaio 2800XP Athlon desktop fine now for about 5 months and am very happy with it...

However whilst running Championship Manager 03/04 the computer has started to beep and the blue vaio light turns on and off - the beep is coming from the computer hardware itself but I am totally unsure why this is - it only happens during running CM 03/04 - does anyone know why this is....?

Any help be greatly appreciated - what does this beep actually mean and when the light goes off - is it dangerous as I dont want to play CM 03/04 when this happens - it never happens when any other program is running

Rick

16 REPLIES 16
reaper
Visitor

it might be im not to sure like i said im a newbe to all this computer stuff only had one for like 7 mounths got one coz i was shown premiere :smileygrin:

i am also really worried about my hard drive as i was told that every time you restore your pc and dont defragment it'',,, it messes your harddrive up,,,,

i only heard about this deframenting like two weeks ago :cry:

and have restore my pc loads of times/ been told to by sony support once or twice and they mentioned nothing about this :angry:

and its not like i can actaully replace that hardrive can i if i do how exactly am i meant to get all the windows and stuff onto it ?????

mathrobe
Visitor

:laughing:
thanks grohni ..i followed your advice and it seems to have done the trick. it is a bit of a balls up with the design having them that close to each other.
thanks again i,ll buy you a pint next time i see you lol !!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

i am also really worried about my hard drive as i was told that every time you restore your pc and dont defragment it'',,, it messes your harddrive up,,,,

Bloody hell who told you that?
That's ridiculous !
As if.
With their theories using the hard disk could mess it up.
Thats daft, as long as you defrag every so often your disk will have better performance.

reaper
Visitor

thats good then they were tlking about overlaping fragments

like say it need defragmenting and you restore your pc fully (from vaio disk)

and then they say that, that last defragment which you ndidnt do is still there but you cant get rid and the more times you do it well you get the point

i thought it sounded a bit hocus pocus
surely restore defragments the drive aswell

regards ben

Grohni
Visitor

no prob. glad it also solve your trouble.

I have the same issue with my RS222 with Athlon 2800. I have also noticed that it occurs when there is significant processor load and is obviously an overheating issue. It is one of a number of issues I have with my Vaio. I am no expert but having done a bit of research and used some of the utilities available on the net, I have discovered that my Vaio uses a fairly old motherboard (A7N266VX) with a 266mhz FSB, whereas the chip (Athlon 2800+) is designed to be used with a newer motherboard with a 333mhz FSB. SiSoftSandra reports that it is running at 2128mhz (16x multiplier) rather than the 2083mhz (12.5x multiplier). I am not sure if this is causing the overheating, but given the number of people that are having this problem, it sounds like it is a design fault and Sony should do something about it. It you are having the problem, please email me on vaioproblems@yahoo.co.uk with your contact details and I will then contact Sony to complain about it (along with a few other things)

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The Athlon you mention is designed to work at both 266Mhz and 333Mhz. See http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/FAQ_Rev05_ENG.pdf for details.