Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver missing

profile.country.en_GB.title
BradTheAce
Visitor

Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver missing

Hello. I have a Vaio laptop which I'm trying to pair/connect via Bluetooth with my iPhone 4.  I keep getting a message saying "Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver is missing" and I can't find anywhere to download one that will work.  All suggestions gratefully received.  Thanks. Brad

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Brad,

It would help if you had given details of your model, OS and measures you have already tried.

Assuming you are running Windows 7 and have a warning symbol in Device Manager against Bluetooth Peripheral Device in Device Manager then have a look at the following link.

http://www.question-defense.com/2010/04/04/windows-7-64-bit-bluetooth-peripheral-device-driver-error...

If that solution doesn’t work then Google the error message + iPhone 4.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
BradTheAce
Visitor

Hi Rich, thanks for the suggestion which I've tried, however I failed to get past the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation screen as according to a "box message" that validation tool is no longer supported.  I have searched Microsoft's support site and keep being directed to the validation tool link that doesn't work!

My Vaio model number is PCG-4Q1M and I'm using Windows 7 Professional (SP1) 32-bit.

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Regards,

Brad

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Brad,

Is IE set as your default browser?

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/genuinewindows7/thread/101084ef-a5c1-44d2-83f1-3d9a90b9c6c2

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
BradTheAce
Visitor

Hi again Rich,

I'm using IE; appreciate the help.

Kind regards,

Brad

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Brad,

This is very strange and I have tried to download from various Microsoft routes using both Vista and Win 7 and receive the same error message. Only success I have had is from the following link.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Microsoft-Windows-Mobile-Device-Center-Download-181562.html

I can confirm that the download works but as I don’t have an iPhone 4 I cannot say whether it will work when installed.

I know that Apple and Microsoft have difficulty in transferring files and sometimes connecting so if the above link doesn’t solve the problem then let us know what you wish to achieve between the two devices.

Thanks to Thalamus for his help on this and he will shortly provide further instructions that do not require any downloads in order to pair the device.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Brad,

Make sure your iPhone's bluetooth is enabled..

During the pairing process make sure your iPhone does NOT enter sleep mode..

Turn on Bluetooth using Vaio Smart Network

Then still in Vaio Smart Network just below the enable bluetooth toggle click on Bluetooth Device Settings..

In the new window click on Add a Device & your iPhone should appear then select your iPhone and click Next..

A message should appear on both your iphone & PC asking you to compare pairing codes between the PC and the iPhone. On the iPhone click Pair and on the PC select Yes and Next..

The driver will try and install but possibly fail but eventually you should receive a message to the effect that ‘This device has been added to the computer’. Click close and you should see the the iPhone listed with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark.

Double click on the iPhone icon and in the new window click on the button that says connect – this will allow you to listen to audio files on from your iPhone on your Vaio but no other functions..

BradTheAce
Visitor

Thank you Rich and Thalamus for the suggestions.

Rich - I downloaded the software but it didn't work.

Thalamus - the iPhone will not connect with the laptop using the connect button.  An error box appears saying the two devices could not connect.

Thank you both again for your help.

Kind regards,

Brad

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

bradhiggins wrote:

Thalamus - the iPhone will not connect with the laptop using the connect button.  An error box appears saying the two devices could not connect.

Thank you both again for your help.

Kind regards,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Hmm I have connected an iPhone to a Windows 7 machine by doing exactly as I posted above..

At what point in my little guide do you get the error message..:smileyconfused:

BradTheAce
Visitor

Hi Thalamus, the box appears when I hit the "connect" button.

Thanks again.

Brad