Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth Vaio mouse VGP-BSM20

SOLVED
Cephus0
Explorer

Bluetooth Vaio mouse VGP-BSM20

I bought a VGP-BSM20 mouse two years ago in the UK from my local registered Sony Center and now I can't even find it listed as a supported device.  I got some kind of cryptic message that it is only supported in Brazil ???  Am using this mouse with a VPCSB Vaio running Windos7 Pro but cannot configure any of it's functions as Windows is looking for a Microsoft mouse.  Was hoping to find a driver but no luck.  Find it extemely odd that I hook a state of the art wireless Vaio mouse to a state of the art Vaio laptop and I have no more functionality than I would from a $10 generic mouse.  Any Ideas out there?  Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
takrzem

First of all: have there been any drivers / software delivered with your mouse? If yes, these are the ones that you should use.

Secondly, if you are unable to find the right one somewhere else (and I can see that it is not the most popular device in the world...), then I suggest speaking to SONY support and ask them for their guidance.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Cephus0
Explorer

Sorry all - wrong forum - will repost.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its ok, Ive moved this one as well to the correct forum.

Cheers

takrzem

First of all: have there been any drivers / software delivered with your mouse? If yes, these are the ones that you should use.

Secondly, if you are unable to find the right one somewhere else (and I can see that it is not the most popular device in the world...), then I suggest speaking to SONY support and ask them for their guidance.

Cephus0
Explorer

Thanks for reply takrzem.  No, there were no drivers supplied with the device, just instructions for how to set up on bluetooth.  It does come up as a bluetooth device with the correct name but I have no direct controls for it and, for example, can't configure the wheel click.  I honestly would have thought that connecting a Vaio mouse to a Vaio computer would mean that there would be some sort of software control between them.

I just find it bizarre that two years back I was buying a state of the art Vaio in the Sony store and this was the recommended Vaio specific mouse and a *very* expensive mouse at that and now they don't even list it as one of their devices.  The list has every other mouse in alphanumeric order up to #15 and then continuing with #30 but mysteriously no #20.

I will indeed be speaking to Sony support and thanks again.

takrzem

It does look like this product uses generic MS driver - which should work anyway, but will be indeed limited in what can be set up / configured. That's one of the key reasons why I presonally always choose Logitech for such peripherials.

If this is the case, then I can only suggest following: I remember from old times in the 90s (Win95 etc.) 3rd party freeware/shareware that allowed setting up additional mouse features. I bet such software still exists. Worth spending some time on investigating these if really required.

Cephus0
Explorer

I'll do just that and many thanks for your help.