Join now - be part of our community!

Brightness Adjusting not working.

profile.country.en_GB.title
sharpnic35
Visitor

Brightness Adjusting not working.

Hello! i have a Sony VAIO VGN-CS17G and it came with windows vista originaly. I installed fresh windows 7 Professinal (32Bit) and installed all the drivers i got fron the sony website for this model in their order as its stated on the website. everything works fine but the screen brightness cant be adjusted. when i use the function keys (Fn+F3 or F4), the sliding bar will come but nothing will work and when i go to battery/power settings, their is no option for changing the screen brightness. the brightness is stuck on maximun and it consumes alot of power when am using the battery. is there anybody who can help me fix this.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sharpnic35,

As this is not a European model I assume that you have installed drivers fom the Sony Asia Pacific site including the SFEP driver before installing the utilities? If so have you also installed all of the utilities - in particular, Sony Shared Library, Vaio Event Service and Vaio Control Centre?

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/288914/product/vgn-cs17g

Sony do not guarantee that the utilities will work with a retail copy of Windows but in my experiance, as long as they are installed in the correct order, they will.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
sharpnic35
Visitor

like i said before, i installed all the drivers i got from sony in the order which is given which ive put below

15. Sony Firmware Extension Parser (SFEP Driver)

16. Sony Shared Library

17. Setting Utility Series

18. VAIO Event Service

19. VAIO Control Center

20. Battery Checker

21. VAIO Launcher

22. VAIO Mode Switch (for VGN-SR models only)

23. VAIO Power Management

24. VAIO Location Utility

25. VAIO Update

26. VAIO Smart Network