Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio CPCF12CE runs slowly, disc light on constantly, disc monitor 100% highest active time

profile.country.en_GB.title
brians_laptop
Visitor

Vaio CPCF12CE runs slowly, disc light on constantly, disc monitor 100% highest active time

My Vaio VPCF12CE frequently loads programs painfully slowly & once loaded runs slowly, the disc light is on constantly, unblinking. In this state the disc monitor shows 100% highest  active time even when nothing is happening & continues in this state some time after I have even touched the computer. No sensible looking processes appear to be running that might explain this. Then after an hr or so the disc light starts flashes intermittantly & also the disc monitor shows no more than 10% at any time now programs are loaded normally, i.e. very rapidly and they respond well too.

Any ideas please?

Message was edited by: brians_laptop

Message was edited by: brians_laptop

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi brains_laptop,

It would seem that something is going on in the background. Open Task Manager > Process tab and then click 'CPU' at the top of the column to bring the highest process user to the top of the list. If necessary click ‘Show processes from all users’ (bottom left of window).

If you can then identify which process is using a high percentage of CPU try stopping the process tree by right clicking the process and selecting that option.

If that temporarily solves the problem then let us know the process identified.

In the meantime it would be prudent to run a FULL virus scan.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat