Join now - be part of our community!

Brilliant Design Vaio Fit

terrybrown1

Brilliant Design Vaio Fit

Bought the Windows equivalent of the Mac Book the "Sony Vaio" - great design and looks the part when I enter a meeting - only issue I am having is it randomly switches off, flickers or crashes so perhaps not the same quality as the Mac Book - Still a great product as long as you are looking for a style accessory.

3 REPLIES 3
terrybrown1

After two visits to the Service Centre and hardbooting on a daily basis the issue has gone through level 1, level 2 and level 3 support and is now with the CRO team - escalation process means you need to phone every day and even with this it has taken 8 weeks 🙂 interesting customer service for a major brand !

terrybrown1

Just had a call from Mr. Anderson Sony "Customer Relations" who advised nothing can be done and I just need to carry on using the unit as a fashion accessory or door stop unless I take them to court.

Dont think I will ever be buying another Sony product :zipper_mouth:

terrybrown1

Before buying a SONY product please be aware that the warranty does not cover manufacturing defects i.e. if the product is damaged due to a design or manufacturing fault then the warranty is INVALID

I have just had this quoted to me by Mr. Anderson in the "Customer Relations" team and when asked to speak to a his manager he advised that he is the manager and would not be able to put me through to anyone else to assist - So you also have to be Very aware of the limited escalation process they have available and the get out of jail quotes they like to utilise.

Was offered a bone but decided against taking it as all I wanted was a unit that worked