Join now - be part of our community!

Bubbles on Vaio X-LCD Screen

BenceTeo
Visitor

Bubbles on Vaio X-LCD Screen

Hi!

I've just bought a Sony Vaio A215 (barely 3 weeks old).

Lately, when my screen is turned off, I see waht appears to be 'bubbles' underneath the screen, similar to when you stick clear sticky paper/sticky tape onto a surface and you see air bubbles underneath

When my notebook is on, the screen itself works fine, but there are just those bubbles (which are annoying).

Has anyone else had this problem or know what it is? Is it covered under warranty?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That should be covered
Seems very odd mind you.
Wonder if it it's a layer of the LCD coming apart?

feederfan
Visitor

That is wierd, its probably because the X-Black system sony use on their screens is a coating, which filters the light that passes through it to make colours more vivid. Sounds like this is coming away from the screen, which definitly shouldnt happen. Unless there is some protective plastic on your screen that you havent peeled off? it is always a possibility!

kee-lo_

They don't normally do that to save on damage.

Usually it's a piece of protective foam or a piece of plastic taped on to the bezel.

mikeatironcastle
New

I have an elderly duo 11 ultra book, which no longer exists according to Sony. I bought it about 5 years ago and have had no probs until a couple of days ago. Now I have a "bubble" about 10 centimeters long by about 1 centimeter deep running along the top of the screen. I am wondering if it is an economical repair job.