SONY VAIO FIT E - [WEBCAM ISSUE]

AaronJohal97
Explorer

SONY VAIO FIT E - [WEBCAM ISSUE]

Laptop: Sony Vaio Fit E 

Model Name: SVF1521Q1EB

Problem: 'Webcam is not working'.

Greetings,

This post is just to know if there are any solutions that may worked for another sony vaio fit E user regarding any problems faced with their webcams. Now, i have had this vaio for 2 years+ and use it for a range of different tasks, whether its school or work. The problem that i am getting with the webcam is really annoying and has become a vital tool for a new business that i have started. With that being said, i need this problem to be solved and i don't really want to go and start looking at another laptop to purchase. I'll upload some images below to give you some sort of an idea.

Vaio Support snap.PNG

Above is the error image that i receive when opening the 'Camera' app.

I'll also add a quick snap on my device manager list, just to streamline a default response.

Vaio Support snap 2.PNG

As you can see, there is no sub section for Imaging Devices, or the webcam driver for that matter. 

I would really love this problem to be solved, i hope i have shown some details or to some extent of the problem i have.

Many Thanks

Aaron.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,
a "simple" way is to install again Windows 10.

Manolo

AaronJohal97
Explorer

I have tried to install windows around three times. This was done by resetting the whole laptop to factory settings. I had even installed windows 8,8.1 and then 10. Seeing no re-solution to the webcam. So, that one is covered. 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The Webcam works with the pre-installed Operating System?

Maybe you can try to install directly Windows 10... But not erase the partition with recovery...

Manolo

AaronJohal97
Explorer

Yes, i have tried that aswell. It still does not seem to work. I have even down-graded to windows 7 and still no solution. I have no clue what to do. I have even contacted sony's support team who where useless in the matter. I'm just hoping someone can offer me a solution other than buying another laptop. 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If the Webcam won't works with the original Operating System I think is damaged... Maybe there isn't a solution without repair...

Manolo

AaronJohal97
Explorer

From what i was told my sony, the webcam is integrated with windows or microsoft (not sure) and not apart of sony (something along those lines).