Join now - be part of our community!

Can't connect to the iTunes store

SOLVED

Can't connect to the iTunes store

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased a vaio laptop (SVF1521P2EB) and have downloaded iTunes onto my desktop, but cannot log onto the iTunes store. Every time I try to log onto the iTunes store it says:

'iTunes has stopped Working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.' 

I have tried unistalling all of the Apple applications and reinstalling iTunes and I spoke to Apple yesterday and tried various different things with them (turning off McAfee and reinsalling iTunes), but nothing worked so it looks like its a problem with the laptop setup rather than with iTunes.

Has this happened to anyone else? I am all out of ideas to get this working as it should..please help! I am going mad without my music!! 

Many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
takrzem

Thank you so much Takrzem, this has solved the problem! I havespent a month trying to solve this, been into the Apple store and spent 2 hours on the phone to them and no-one knew the answer to this issue.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

takrzem

I'm glad I could have helped - had the same problem once iTunes got updated under Win8.1 recently.

Remember, most of such issues - if widespread - are mentioned / discussed on various support forums so it's always worth trying to search for the problem first.

Also slightly off-topic but I am mesmerised by two things here:

1. Apple does not seem to know their own issues.

2. Apple did not do anything to fix that issue since September. Even though there were 4 iTunes releases / updates since then?