Join now - be part of our community!

CANNOT CREATE RECOVERY DISCS

mleczus1
Visitor

CANNOT CREATE RECOVERY DISCS

HI THERE
MONTH AGO I BOUGHT NEW VAIO AW31ZJ/B. BEFORE CREATING RECOVERY DISCS I DID SOME CHANGES LIKE NEW SOFT, ALSO CHANGED PARTITIONS SIZES. NOW WHEN I TRY TO MAKE RECOVERY DISC IT REJECT EACH SINGLE DVD I PUT IN. I'VE TRIED FEW. ALSO GENUINE SONY DVD+R .IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO CREATE DISCS THAN USING VAIO TOOL.HEARD ABOUT HIDDEN PARTITION WITH OS , IS IT POSSIBLE IT WORKS FROM THAT?
SECOND THING I'M GOGING TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7. I ALREADY SIGNED UP AS IT'S FREE FOR ME.WILL I BE ABLE TO CREATE RECOVERY DISC FOR WINDOWS 7 STRAIGHT AFTER INSTALATION?
MANY THANKS FOR ANSWERS

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi mleczus1,

When changing partition sizes you may possibly have deleted the recovery partition - what message are you receiving when disks are rejected? To check whether the hidden recovery partition is still there open Control Panel and select Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management, is there a partition on Disk 0, of approx. 11/12 GB showing as Healthy (EISA Configuration?

You will not be able to create recovery disks for Windows 7 as the disks are created from the hidden partition (mentioned above) that is factory installed with the original operating system.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mleczus1
Visitor

YES ITS STILL THERE 14.56 GB EISA CONFIGURATION.IT'S HIDDEN PARTITION.SO I STILL HAVE IT.HOW CAN I CREATE RECOVERY DISCS?? IF I WOULD RECOVER SYSTEM FROM THAT PARTITION WILL IT CHANGE PARTITIONS SIZES LIKE IT WAS BEFORE?
THANKS

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

IF I WOULD RECOVER SYSTEM FROM THAT PARTITION WILL IT CHANGE PARTITIONS SIZES LIKE IT WAS BEFORE?

As far as I am aware, recovering from the HDD recovery partition (tapping F10 at boot), will not alter partitions sizes, but as I have never tried this I cannot be certain.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat