Join now - be part of our community!

cant recover computer ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ljpace
Visitor

cant recover computer ?

i have a VGS-V3S model windows xp went down a couple of weeks ago and would not reboot so a took it to a local computer shop which got it up and running again since then i cant start my vaio media center up and i cant recover the computer as well can anyone help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ljpace,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

From what you say it would seem that your hidden HDD recovery partition may have been deleted by your local computer shop..:smileysad:

You can, if you wish, purchase a set of recovery discs from  Vaio support which should allow you to restore the original Vaio  supplied OS and applications..

You can find the contact details  for vaio support by either clicking  Support at the top of this page or  by using the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IE.title
tocarri93
New

If you press F10 when you see thw VAIO logo when booting up, this will get you into the recovery options screen and you should be able to do a recover from there.

profile.country.en_GB.title
ljpace
Visitor

Thanks for that information have tryed pressing f10 button whilst loading up it makes a clicking noise but no screen option comes up .

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ljpace,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

From what you say it would seem that your hidden HDD recovery partition may have been deleted by your local computer shop..:smileysad:

You can, if you wish, purchase a set of recovery discs from  Vaio support which should allow you to restore the original Vaio  supplied OS and applications..

You can find the contact details  for vaio support by either clicking  Support at the top of this page or  by using the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.