Join now - be part of our community!

CAPS LOCK DELAY model SV1711W1E

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
flyingxk
New

CAPS LOCK DELAY model SV1711W1E

Why after switching to uppercase or vv using the  caps lock key,there is a time delay for the first letter to be effective?....this associated by a single chime ...Very annoying

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
flyingxk
New

Ηι Rich,

I found solution to this annoying problem that started about two weeks  ago...

I have Greek windows 7 home premium sp1,so i will try to translate as better as i can...

I went: control panel/system and security/finding and fixing problems/system and security/FIXING PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS UPDATE...

It  opens an automatic fixing window,and after searching it says "windows updates problems fixed ok",without any details of what it fixed...

Caps Lock now works as it should,no delay at all,...the only thing i lost is the small window at right lower corner of the screen informing about caps lock energised/de energised(still have the green lamp)

Further googling "caps lock delay" i found a thread concerning Dell computers,where they solve this with manual action,no auto like here...,it mentions that the problem is with an update thru windows on Quickset

The small windows informing about volume and brightness,fn/f3-f4,fn/f5-f6, operate normally in my case,in the Dell they loose that..

Thought to share with you, and thank you for replying to me

Chris

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi flyingxk,

I haven't heard of this problem before, but if it has only recently started then a system restore to a previous date may resolve the issue.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
flyingxk
New

it is a new model,purchased on the 21st of June,..I noticed it last week, when i had to type fast and change upper/lowercase...anyway thank you for responding

Chris

flyingxk
New

Ηι Rich,

I found solution to this annoying problem that started about two weeks  ago...

I have Greek windows 7 home premium sp1,so i will try to translate as better as i can...

I went: control panel/system and security/finding and fixing problems/system and security/FIXING PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS UPDATE...

It  opens an automatic fixing window,and after searching it says "windows updates problems fixed ok",without any details of what it fixed...

Caps Lock now works as it should,no delay at all,...the only thing i lost is the small window at right lower corner of the screen informing about caps lock energised/de energised(still have the green lamp)

Further googling "caps lock delay" i found a thread concerning Dell computers,where they solve this with manual action,no auto like here...,it mentions that the problem is with an update thru windows on Quickset

The small windows informing about volume and brightness,fn/f3-f4,fn/f5-f6, operate normally in my case,in the Dell they loose that..

Thought to share with you, and thank you for replying to me

Chris

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thanks for the update Chris as this may help other members of this forum with the same problem.

Good old Windows update the culprit once again!

Did you by any chance try a restore to an earlier date as this should have reversed any changes made by Windows Update?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
flyingxk
New

Yes ofcourse,but it did not help, since it is a brand new computer,it took me back to 8th of July,where there were no updates to be withdrawn,and when i asked to go further back it took me to 22nd of June ,one day after purchasing it, where it was all the necessary/critical updates stucked  together....

so that would not have helped i think....,mind you,  I am not an expert,i just used my sense

cheers Chris

flyingxk
New

....forgot to ask,was my Greek/English translation of the path I used correct?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Chris,

Yes your translation was perfect - Start > Control Panel > System & Security > Find & fix Problems >System Security > Fix problems with Windows Update. This route unfortunately only seems to be available in Win 7 not Vista.

So go to the top of the class – 40 plus years have disappeared in the wake astern since I studied Greek and it was all Dutch to me even then...:smileywink:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
flyingxk
New

thank you very much indeed Rich....