Join now - be part of our community!

CD disk installing then not being recognised

shyster
Visitor

CD disk installing then not being recognised

Hi

I bought a A117S last week and couldn't wait to load some games up.
The software installed normally however whenever I attempt to run a game a message appears saying I should install the correct cd-rom. This happens even when the original cd was never removed and these are not pirate copies. I have noted similar but not identical problems on on other threads so, as suggested elsewhere, ran CD-Check but there were no errors.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

That's a very nice looking machine - is it a Centrino chip? I note from the specs it says Pentium M with 2MB L2 cache.

As far as you CD's are concerned, if you are able to install the software initially then there doesn't seem to be a problem with the drive itself. I can only assume there is a conflict with the software. Have you checked the websites for the games involved - they may have some suggestions/ trouble-shooting tips.

shyster
Visitor

It is a fine machine, virtually silent with a screen that I can only describe as beautiful. If only it didn't have this annoying quirk. Thanks for the advice but I don't think it is a games software problem as I seem to be the only person with this particular problem. I will try changing settings on some of the security software that I've installed and hope for the best.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hmmmm very tempted now....