Join now - be part of our community!

additional hard drive for my rx306

thomashouston
Visitor

additional hard drive for my rx306

I want to install an additional 120gb hard drive into my rx306. I am a bit of a newbie on this and I was looking at western digital 120gb 8mb drives. I hit my first query then as it has an ATA option or a EIDE option. Any advice? :smileyblush:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

EIDE is the system fitted inside the VAIOs, I doubt they have SATA yet, so best sticking with EIDE.

Make sure you have a space and cable free to connect it.

reaper
Visitor

hi

what hard drive is installed at the moment ??????

my vaio pcv-rs224 has eide devices also had a free space for another drive and yes it has a western digital 120gb 7200rpm 8mb buffer preinstalled

it would be a good idea to open up your vaio and see what make your installed hard drive is

make sure you drain the static eletric from your body by touching the outer caseing of your pc for about a min

regards ben

thomashouston
Visitor

thanks for the replies

I have a Maxtor 4G120J6 [Hard drive] (122.94 GB) fitted that came with it. I think I will make the new 7200 the primary drive as the original disk is 5400rpm I believe.

Good call on the static. I tend to spark off anything metal I touch so I will earth myself with a wrist cable for an hour before I go near it :laughing:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I use a radiator myself.

Most desktop drives are 7200RPM anyway.