Join now - be part of our community!

CLEAN INSTALL

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

CLEAN INSTALL

I am having a little trouble working out what is req to do a clean install (no vaio apps etc) I have all drivers etc, and this web site http://www.myplc.com/sony/sony_apps.htm
Explains in which order to install, but certain items ie Sony Notebook Control (if applicable) Sony Programmable I/O (if applicable) Sony Shared Library I am not sure what these are, or where they are located.

Could someone explain in simple terms how to carry out this operation, thanks very much

My laptop is A317M

5 REPLIES 5
littlebucko
Visitor

hi you need to use the vaio recovery tool this will install everything you need but if you have things you ant on your laptop make a new backup dvd :party:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi PHOTOSHOP KID

Does this Formatting Without Installing Add On's thread answer your question..?

PHOTOSHOPKID
Visitor

Thanks for the info:

I have managed to do a clean install, the only thing is now There are a couple of apps I want to install from my backup dvd but it will not let me install selective apps, it wants to install them all...........

After a bit of searching I now find out I need to use a prog called kcap, I have been to the website http://www.myplc.com/sony/sony_apps.htm

I have read the instruction and downloaded kcap but I do not understand how to use it, sounds daft I know but I have read the instructons several times but I just dont understand them, could someone explain in dead simple terms how I can extract the apps from my backup dvd.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Does this HOW TO CLEAN INSTALL - THE SEQUEL - GUIDE TO RECOVER PRE-INSTALLED APPLICATIONS - IT'S REAL. thread help?

Or typing kcap.exe in the 'Search' box above will give you 23 hits.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the info:

You're welcome PHOTOSHOP KID, hopefully by following the instruction in Blencogo's link you should be able to install the applications.. :wink: