Join now - be part of our community!

Connect to HDTV

ivegotalobon
Visitor

Connect to HDTV

Hi, just got my Vaio CR11S, just wondering what is the easiest way to connect to a tv?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If your TV has a PC connection (a 15-pin VGA Monitor Input) then use this - most modern HD TVs have this connection.

If your TV does not have this then you will have to connect by S-Video and Headphone sockets.

:wink:

ivegotalobon
Visitor

If your TV has a PC connection (a 15-pin VGA Monitor Input) then use this - most modern HD TVs have this connection.

If your TV does not have this then you will have to connect by S-Video and Headphone sockets.

Hi, thanks for your reply, im gonna sound really dumb now but i cant find the s video or vga input,

this is my tv http://electronics.pricegrabber.co.uk/plasma-lcd-televisions/m/20953813/ (the details say it has both??)

also, i know this is a vaio forum so this may seem like blasphemy, but i was looking at the samsung r70, which is really nice + it has a hdmi port, would i be best going for that one just to connect to tv + keep the vaio anyway?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

S-Video is usually the bottom connection on the left-hand edge of your TV.

I don't think your TV has a VGA input - it relies on a VGA to RGB cable (5 X Phono)

ivegotalobon
Visitor

S-Video is usually the bottom connection on the left-hand edge of your TV.

I don't think your TV has a VGA input - it relies on a VGA to RGB cable (5 X Phono)

will this work?? & where is the best place to get 1? what do you think of the samsung r70?

also what is the quality difference between

1) s-video
2) vga to rgb
3) hdmi (obviously gonna be the best, but by what margin?)