Join now - be part of our community!

Cooler and Vaio. Worth it?

SOLVED
profile.country.es_ES.title
DiegoRG
Visitor

Cooler and Vaio. Worth it?

Hey, I will be buying a cooler for my laptop Sony Vaio VPCEB4Z1E.

As far as I can tell, this computers gets the air out from the left side, the fan itself evacuates the air that way.

I will get a cooler because at max usage I've seen max temperatures of 70º C. That's not really common, it's usually at 65-68ºC max and around 40ºC on standby (CPU temps). I want the laptop to be as cool as possible.

Could you please share your experience with coolers? I was considering a single 160mm fan cooler unless I find a double 140mm or so. I guess it doesn't matter, or does it really matter?

I've never used a cooler and I'd like to hear some ideas.

Thank you!

Message was edited by: DiegoRG

Tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
brrobin19
Explorer

Hi DiegoRG

I use a targus twin fan cooler unit permantly on my desk, it is powered by a usb lead which just plugs in

to either of my sony laptops iam using at the time. It keeps them cool even when ripping any of my blu-ray

discs which really work the processor. I can thoroughly recommend them, but try to get a quality one that will

last, I have had the Targus for 5years now. The only maintainence is a good clean and blow out every 6 months.

View solution in original post

You dont need any coolers if your laptop is overheating ou have to clean all dirt on fan inside

Alex

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brrobin19
Explorer

Hi DiegoRG

I use a targus twin fan cooler unit permantly on my desk, it is powered by a usb lead which just plugs in

to either of my sony laptops iam using at the time. It keeps them cool even when ripping any of my blu-ray

discs which really work the processor. I can thoroughly recommend them, but try to get a quality one that will

last, I have had the Targus for 5years now. The only maintainence is a good clean and blow out every 6 months.

You dont need any coolers if your laptop is overheating ou have to clean all dirt on fan inside

Alex