Join now - be part of our community!

CRYPT32.DLL file issue/deletion

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Deesha5
Visitor

CRYPT32.DLL file issue/deletion

How to repair a laptop/notebook with dll file issues?

My Sony VAIO laptop has been affected, due to some unknown .dll files deletion. When I started it, it couldn't go any further, it got stuck at the start itself, saying that the "CRYPT32.DLL" file is missing and has to be reinstalled, which is not possible, as the start and logon are not possible due to the missing .dll file. They only thing it does is : turning on and saying to reinstall the CRYPT32.dll file. I can't access anything, nor the web browser.

When I bought the laptop I didn't get any windows CD as a backup to use when I have issues. (This is a bad point, they should have given me).

So, how can I repair it, without losing any of my existing files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Desha5 and welcome.

It will depend on which version of Windows you have installed.  For some versions there is a built in Startup repair but for others you will need to download a repair disc so you can run the System File Checker or reload the .dll using the Command Prompt.

It should be possible to repair Windows without losing your programs and data - unless the missing file has been caused by a hard disc fault.

So, can you give us your Vaio model and the Operating System.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Desha5 and welcome.

It will depend on which version of Windows you have installed.  For some versions there is a built in Startup repair but for others you will need to download a repair disc so you can run the System File Checker or reload the .dll using the Command Prompt.

It should be possible to repair Windows without losing your programs and data - unless the missing file has been caused by a hard disc fault.

So, can you give us your Vaio model and the Operating System.

:thinking:

ianb114
Visitor

Yep, I'm having exactly the same problem with my laptop, after doing a system restore to get rid of some annoying toolbars that some programme had added. Now all I get is a blank screen and a message saying CRYPT32.dll is missing, and that I need to reinstall the programme. Except I can't because the computer doesn't work anymore.

Any chance that I could download a fix onto a disc from my other computer and upload it to the laptop?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ianb114 and welcome.

The same question to you as the previous post -

WHICH VAIO MODEL?

WHICH VERSION OF WINDOWS?

Deesha5
Visitor

Mine is: SONY VAIO VPCCW1Z4E - WINDOWS 7 .
I do not have any Windows 7 CD or anything. The system is just stuck at the very beginning itself. 

ianb114
Visitor

Hi, thanks for your reply. Mine is a Vaio VPCEF3E1E, running Windows 7.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

First try the Startup Repair if this facility is available on your system: -

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=C1002354&sliceId=1&mdl=null

Choose the Startup Repair option.

If you cannot access the System Recovery Options window, you can create a bootable System Repair Disc on another computer that has EXACTLY the same version of Windows 7 installed: -

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html

As a last resort you can download and create bootable Windows 7 Recovery Discs.  Have a look here: -

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

If you get your system to boot normally, the first thing to do is to run a full Anti Virus and Malware scan - if you do not know how the file was deleted in the first place!

:wink:

Deesha5
Visitor

I did try making the Windows 7 System Repair CD but it is not possible fdor it to run on my laptop as it has been blocked since the start. When I start my laptop, it gives me the option of starting normally, safe mode, networking, etc, and whatever option I choose, the next thing that comes up is the images I inserted below: LogonUI.exe - System Error. I can't perform any other action other than that, than just click OK again and again. So it is not being possible to run the CD.  What can I do? :neutral:  

P140612_22.54.jpg

ianb114
Visitor

Hi, thanks for the tips. I was unable to perform the first operation at first (press F8 and get into Repair Your Computer) section, so went on to download a recovery disc which proved to be pretty useless.

Eventually - don't ask me how - I was able to access the recovery section using the F8 key on start up, and did a system restore to a previous date before I did my 'tidying up' of the hard drive.

Computer working fine now....

Thanks again for the help.

KatherineYH
Visitor

Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system. Some crypt32.dll errors could be related to a virus or other malware infection on your computer that has damaged the DLL file. It's even possible that the crypt32.dll error you're seeing is related to a hostile program that's masquerading as the file.

for more information http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/crypt32-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm

Life is too serious to be taken seriously https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png