Join now - be part of our community!

Data recovery from SSD with FPC connector

Data recovery from SSD with FPC connector

Hello, 

I have a Sony Vaio SVS13A3C5E  that has been damaged and will no longer powered on, however we need to get the data off of the SSD. Unfortunately this ssd is using a less than standard connection. Instead of a Sata connector it's using an FPC-274 cable. I was wondering if anyone knew of an fpc-sata adapter that would help us get the data off the drive, or any other suggestions.

I've attached a few images of the ssd in question.

IMG_20160601_1220485.jpg

IMG_20160601_1220485.jpg

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ssdrecovery2016 and welcome.

I think the 'LIF SSD' connection is a proprietary  Sony/Samsung 'ZIF' connector and comes in two sizes - 12mm for older Vaios and 15mm for newer models. From the photos yours looks like the 15mm LIF connector. Unfortunately, this is not a standard LIF size.

There are plenty of 12mm 24-pin LIF to SATA converters available online - these are designed for use with the SSD in the Apple Macbook Air.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADAPTER-Apple-Macbook-ribbon-cable/dp/B009CARNR2

Unfortunately, I can't find anything similar for Sony/Samsung SSDs.

You can try Google but I have not been successful in finding a direct LIF to SATA converter for use with the Sony/Samsung SSDs.

If you can't find one, it may be possible to make one - I'm sure I have seen the pinouts for the Samsung SSDs online somewhere.

:thinking: