Join now - be part of our community!

Did a BIOS update fix my battery issues? (Sony VAIO SVP1321L1E)

Ibrayes
New

Did a BIOS update fix my battery issues? (Sony VAIO SVP1321L1E)

So, the strangest thing occurred today.

A few months ago, the battery on my laptop literally stopped working over-night (it would not charge and was stuck at 44% battery life). However, when I checked the battery health, it said that it was "Excellent". Ever since, I have had my laptop plugged into the charger whenever I was using it. I was planning on contacting SONY since the laptop was, at the time, only four months old and thus, I was sure that it was not a case of the battery's lifespan deteriorating over time. Furthermore, since the battery health remained "Excellent" according to the VAIO itself, there obviously was some other issue with it. Regardless, due to my laziness and being busy at work, I never really got around to contacting SONY to have this issue fixed and simply adjusted to the battery not charging. However, yesterday, I updated the BIOS for the first time (to R1044V7). Today, when I moved my VAIO, plugged in the charger and started it, I noticed that the VAIO hadn't turned off as it usually did when I unplug it. To make sure, I unplugged the charger and the laptop remained on. Furthermore, the battery is being charged as I'm typing this.

I am very curious to know if a BIOS update has resolved a battery issue for anyone else? My leading hypothesis at this point is that the VAIO had automatically updated the BIOS (or perhaps it was me, although I have no recollection of ever using the program 'Vaio Update' until yesterday) and that the BIOS version had caused some sort of incompatibility with the battery/charging. Thus, by updating my BIOS, this incompatibility issue was resolved. Could this have been the case? I have found some examples of users complaining about how a BIOS update caused similar battery issues but since these were all concerning an older VAIO laptop, I thought I'd try asking here.

0 REPLIES 0