Join now - be part of our community!

Did they lie to me?

mangomarey
Visitor

Did they lie to me?

Hi all

We were in France last week and my brother gave my son a Sony Vaio laptop (VPCCW1S1E), which is very nice laptop and my son love it.

unfortunately the laptop is all in french and my son was disappointed and because it was a gift we could not return it back.

We went to the store on the day we got it (December 30 2009 a day after my bro purchased it) and asked them if they have an English version of it, they say no .. but they said if we call Sony then they will send us an English recovery disk.

My bro called Sony in France and they said yes we can have this English disk but from the UK not from France.

We called UK Sony yesterday after we arrived and asked them if we can have an English recovery disk and if it is possible to send the laptop over to change the Keyboard itself to match the US keyboard and how much they will charge me for that but their answer was very rude.. they said there is nothing they can do !!!! if we want it English we should have bought it from UK otherwise we should go back to where we bought it (France).

I am a graphic designer and i know how to install a totally new system with drivers with everything but i am wondering is this the service we can get from Sony? i bough Toshiba Qosmio G40 from an Asian country last year and i got a very good service from Toshiba in the US and in the UK.

I am not expecting anything from Sony by writing this as it seems to me that they only care how to sell not to serve. i am just hoping someone here can help us by providing us with a recovery disk for our model.( i am not asking how to make the operating system English as i did this already, i need everything including the bios language as i am already ordered an English Keyboard Stickers plus i need not to format the hard drive so i can keep the recovery partition as it is but with an English recovery version not French).

Thanks sony

0 REPLIES 0