Join now - be part of our community!

Docking Station Problems For VGN-AR21S

prbureau
Visitor

Docking Station Problems For VGN-AR21S

Hi
I have purchased the docking station for the AR21-S from Sony Vaio online shop. The docking station model number is VGP-PRFE1 However this docking station does not appear to work properly with my Vaio. Although the power on light is on at the back of the docking station (showing the power is reaching the docking station) the "in use" light (which indicates that the Vaio is docked " is off.

If I physically press down gently around the keypad down harder on to the docking station then the "in use" light comes on and it appears the notebook is docked (the Vaio shows that it has also switched from the Battery to the power) However as soon as I stop pressing the Vaio onto the docking station connection the Vaio battery light comes on and the "in use" light goes out which means the Vaio is not docked.

I have checked to make sure the contacts are clean on the connector to the Vaio and everything is clean on the Vaio connector itself.

I think that either there is a fault with the docking station or the docking station is not the right model number for my machine or there is a fault with my Vaio itself.

I purchased the docking station from the sony shop. They recommened that model number when I purchased it therefore I think it must be the right model however it does not seem to dock well with my Notebook.

Can anyone confirm if the docking station I have is correct for my Vaio model and if so then can anyone suggest what may be the problem?

Thanks

John

0 REPLIES 0