Join now - be part of our community!

Does This Mean My Battery Is Dead?

a7med_360
Visitor

Does This Mean My Battery Is Dead?

Ok still having issues with sony asking me send in my laptop so they can fix the mistake they did with my hotkeys on the laptop....now my battery is dead, well thats what i think.....everytime i take the power cable from the back laptop switches off the icon at the bottom right hand corner by the clock has a red cross on the batter sign but showing it running on the power cable, that adaptor for the power cable has the green light on so im sure its no from that, just to make sure i tested it on multiple power outlets through the house, i have taken out the battery and tried running the laptop it didnt work, soo am i right is my battery dead? and it hasnt even been even a full year with this laptop :slight_frown: .......My laptop is Sony Vaio AR21S Running Vista Home Premium!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12
Channi3
Visitor

Whats the model number of your battery?

The battery on my vaio also failed recently, but ordering a new one fixed the problem.

What you should is first phone up vaio-link, check whether if the problem, is the battery and not the laptop. Then order a replacement.

Yes, order a new battery, thats because batteries are classed as consumables and are not covered in the warranty after 90 days.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

littlebucko
Visitor

before you order a new battery have a look on the vaio home page and have a look to see if the number matches any of the numbers and if so it means that the power board in the battery

(sony is the only maker to put a powerboard in its batterys as it makes them last longer)

if it is there then you can send it to them and they will replace it free of charge

a7med_360
Visitor

I couldnt find the powerboard if you can link plz that would help....but found this information about my battery if it would help....

Replacement Battery for VAIO AR, S, SZ, FE, FS and FJ Series
Compatible with VAIO VGN-AR, VGN-S, VGN-SZ, VGN-FE, VGN-FS and VGN-FJ series notebooks
Battery life: from 2 to 5.5 hours depending on the model and usage
Weight: 0.315 kg
Compatible with VAIO VGN-AR, VGN-S, VGN-SZ, VGN-FE, VGN-FS and VGN-FJ series notebooks
Battery life: from 2 to 5.5 hours depending on the model and usage
Weight: 0.315 kg

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Ok still having issues with sony asking me send in my laptop so they can fix the mistake they did with my hotkeys on the laptop....

Hi a7med_360,

If Sony are asking to repair the hotkeys on your Vaio then why are you not sending it off..?

a7med_360
Visitor

because i need my laptop through out the weeks........if it takes afew days i dnt mind but 3weeks and a half!!!! just to change a keyboard last time that was just unbeleivable...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Oh OK.. :slight_smile:

a7med_360
Visitor

so how do i find the batter powerboard thing can anyone link me plzz....sony calls r closed today so i have to do it 2moro till than i want to know if i get my battery free or not:)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

i want to know if i get my battery free or not:)

No the voluntary battery replacement program does not cover the battery packs used in the AR series VAIO notebooks..

a7med_360
Visitor

what about my warranty