Join now - be part of our community!

Does This Mean My Battery Is Dead?

a7med_360
Visitor

Does This Mean My Battery Is Dead?

Ok still having issues with sony asking me send in my laptop so they can fix the mistake they did with my hotkeys on the laptop....now my battery is dead, well thats what i think.....everytime i take the power cable from the back laptop switches off the icon at the bottom right hand corner by the clock has a red cross on the batter sign but showing it running on the power cable, that adaptor for the power cable has the green light on so im sure its no from that, just to make sure i tested it on multiple power outlets through the house, i have taken out the battery and tried running the laptop it didnt work, soo am i right is my battery dead? and it hasnt even been even a full year with this laptop :slight_frown: .......My laptop is Sony Vaio AR21S Running Vista Home Premium!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

what about my warranty

That would depend on how old your vaio is, as your battery is only covered for the first 90 days..

a7med_360
Visitor

my laptop has been with me since november/december 2006

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Unfortunately your battery is therefore out of warranty.. :slight_frown:

Are you sure the battery has failed, a simple way to check is to either take your Vaio to a local stockist or if you know someone who has the same model as you and ask if you can try another battery in your Vaio.. :wink: