Join now - be part of our community!

Downgrade AR41S to XP ! Urgent!

theotherone
Visitor

Downgrade AR41S to XP ! Urgent!

Hi all,

I have to downgrade my AR41S to XP. Unfortunately Vista is not working with my main customers VPN Client. I used VM for a couple of month but now I have have a second VPN setup and it is getting quite uncomfortable. And of course I don´t want to support microsoft failing concept any longer.

My question is, where can I find the drivers for my model AR41S? I searched the forum and found a lot of information on other models but not mine.

I´m really grateful for any advice or help. Thank´s a lot in advance.

Andreas

Btw.: I would like to keep the Adobe Acrobat, is there any chance?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Andreas,

There is no supported downgrade route to XP for the AR-Series of Vaios. Sony will not offer any support at all so you are on your own. In many ways it is a waste to downgrade the AR41S to XP Pro because you will lose: -

1. The TV won't work
2. The Blu-Ray wont work
3. The AV Inputs won't work
4. You will lose all the preinstalled Vista software.

In other words you may as well have bought a laptop for £1,000 less.

I would seriously consider a dual-boot system so you do not lose all the advanced features of your Vaio. You can then continue to use the Vista installation and installed software for TV, Blu-Ray etc. and just use XP for your VPN applications. Generally, you will have to use the drivers and utilities from the AR21S which was sold with XP MCE installed but will need an updated XP video card driver.

Have a look at this thread by costasp which outlines the procedure.

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=41647

:thinking: