Join now - be part of our community!

Drivers For XP Pro Needed (I think)

emmal
Visitor

Drivers For XP Pro Needed (I think)

Hi,

I have reformtatted my Vaio (VGN-FS115z) and when I check the deivce manager I have several yellow exclamation marks under the other devices tab.

They are for Mass Storage Controller, Modem Device On High Definition Audio Bus and Video Controller (VGA Compatibale). Im assuming that I need to install the drivers for these, however I have no idea what I need to download or where to get them from or even what they relate to.

The properties for these 3 items show that the manufacturer is unknown so that doesnt help either. I have tried deleting them and rebooting the compuer and clicking on the install option, but neither has worked.

Please could somebody assist me with this problem.

Also my background doesnt fit my vaio screen anymore and when I scroll through various pages (internet & spreadsheets etc) I get a ripple effect and not the smooth movement I once had. Would this be because of the above problem or is this a seperate issue?

Thanks in advance to anybody who reads this and offers help. It would be much appreciated.

Emma

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Emma,

You can download the original drivers for your model from the support page here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FS115Z

You will need to install the 'Original Drivers' first and then click on 'Updates' to see if there has been a subsequent update released (quite likely as the originals are almost 5 years old now). At a glance I see there are updates for Network, WLAN and Graphics available.

The Mass Storage Controller will need the Memory Stick driver
The others are self explanitory like Modem and Graphics.

If you need the Function and other special keys to work, you will need to download the Original Utilities Package and install these also.

Good Luck

:wink:

emmal
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for your help and advice .

My computer is now up and running fine.

Emma