Join now - be part of our community!

DVD RW problems

djwoody
Visitor

DVD RW problems

Hi.
I have just looked into my computer and my DVD-RW drive is not displayed.

When i looked into System properties/hardware, there is a problem with the driver.

I have looked on the sony website for a driver but with no luck, can anyone please help?

Thanx
Chris

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum.

What error code is Device Manager reporting? If it is code 19, 31, 32, 39 or 41 then a small registry edit should sort the problem.

The following involves changes to the registry and I recommend that you make a backup of your registry before proceeding.

Then:

1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
djwoody
Visitor

Problem now sorted.

Much apreciated! :smileygrin:

Thanks again
Chris

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Your'e welome Chris:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Philippoussis
Visitor

Hi.
I have just looked into my computer and my DVD-RW drive is not displayed.

When i looked into System properties/hardware, there is a problem with the driver.

I have looked on the sony website for a driver but with no luck, can anyone please help?

Thanx
Chris

i have this problem already for 2 months and i aksed in several topics if someone knows the answer to get my cd drive recognized by the computer again,
i tried the registry key i deleted the the lower filter because i didnt had the upper filter, i reboot the system and still the drive doesnt get recognized,
it is realyl strange because sometimes it works for like 10 minutes and then it doesnt work fora long time..
i see more people have problems with the cd drive does anyone knows the answer?

Philippoussis
Visitor

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum.

What error code is Device Manager reporting? If it is code 19, 31, 32, 39 or 41 then a small registry edit should sort the problem.

The following involves changes to the registry and I recommend that you make a backup of your registry before proceeding.

Then:

1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

i did this and now i cannotboot my notebook anymore everytime i get a blue screen,
i put naother hard disk in the computer but how can i solve the problem?