Join now - be part of our community!

Error loading operating system on boot

profile.country.en_GB.title
craigreville
Visitor

Error loading operating system on boot

Sony Vaio Windows 7 64x OEM laptop, VPCF11M1/E

For 2 days I was receiving 'I/O device errors' and couldn't find what was causing the errors, I performed a chkdsk which took a full day to get to about 80% then the laptop died.

After rebooting the machine I was presented with 'Error Loading Operating System' and the machine just sits with that error on screen and goes no futher.

I tried booting to the hidden recovery partition however it appears that most of the function buttons either don't work or the HD doesn't recognise the command because I can still access the BIOS.

I booted into the Bios, changed the arrangement to boot from optical disk, created a Windows 7 recovery disk & repair disk and rebooted but after the 'loading windows' message appears I am left with a blank screen and white cursor.

If I reboot a few times I get a 'failed to read disk, press ctrl + alt + del to restart' error.

I have tried using a windows 7 installation disk in an attempt to 'repair' my BMR BUT that again fails to prgogress futher than the blank screen.

I tried getting giagnostics however again I'm met with a blank screen after it loads.

I even bought spinrite but I receive an error regarding my HD, I tried installing linux but get an error about 'Failed to connect to SDA1' and I have tried connecting it to another computer with only the ability to view the recovery partition and no way to format the computer, recovery it or run diagnostics.

Anyone got any ideas before I call sony repair?

Kindest Regards

Craig

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
mithcd
Visitor

Try booting up to Safe Mode first before calling repair. Hope it helps. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif