Join now - be part of our community!

Error: MakeIniFromMcode, Error:89

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kenneth100
Visitor

Error: MakeIniFromMcode, Error:89

I am trying to reinstall Windows Vista using Sony Recovery Disk on my Sony laptop. It does not work. I receive this error: Error: MakeIniFromMcode, Error:89. Please someone help..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Kenneth,

If the recovery partition has been deleted and the recovery media is corrupted your options are limited.

First, and a longshot, is to make a copy of your origional disks and then try these. Just occasionally this will work.

You could install the OS from a Windows retail version and then download and install all Sony drivers and utilities from the Support site. Unfortunately you will not be able to download the pre-insralled software that came bundled with your Vaio.

Lastly,  and possibly the best solution, is to purchase a new set of recovery media from Sony Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Kennith,

If you still have the hard disk recovery partition try tapping F10 at boot to access the hard drive recovery utility. The recovery disks may possibly be corrupted.

Rich 

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
kenneth100
Visitor

Hi Rich,

I tapped F10 several times but the hard drive recovery utility did not appear. Instead, the computer continued to reboot from Sony recovery CD.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Kennith,

Remove the recovery CD and try again.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
kenneth100
Visitor

I removed the CD. When tapping F10 I get Operating Systen Not Found.

Many thanks for your help.. 

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

A few questions.

Which Vaio model do you have?

Why are you attempting to reinsall  the OS - did you have a hard drive problem?

Have you installed a new hard drive?

Any further information that you think is relevant will assist someone in providing a  solution.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
kenneth100
Visitor

Thanks Rich.

I have Sony VAIO VGN-NR21S. The hard drive is ok. I did not install a new one.

I reformatted the hard drive, because my computer was so slow.

But I think my recovery partition was deleted  too when the hard drive was reformatted. I do have the Sony Recovery discs, but when I try to restore the complete system (from VAIO Recovery Center) I got the error: Error: MakeIniFromMcode, Error:89

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Kenneth,

If the recovery partition has been deleted and the recovery media is corrupted your options are limited.

First, and a longshot, is to make a copy of your origional disks and then try these. Just occasionally this will work.

You could install the OS from a Windows retail version and then download and install all Sony drivers and utilities from the Support site. Unfortunately you will not be able to download the pre-insralled software that came bundled with your Vaio.

Lastly,  and possibly the best solution, is to purchase a new set of recovery media from Sony Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat