Join now - be part of our community!

eSupport

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lijahko
Explorer

eSupport

My Vaio died and I need to get it fixed (warranty still valid). I contacted eSupport four days ago and I didn't even get an automated message saying my query has been received and would be dealt with in x number of days. 

Does anyone know if there are still humans working in eSupport and reading the messages?  I had a problem a couple of years ago and when I contacted support they replied within a few hours.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lijahko
Explorer

With the invaluable help from Quinnicus and Thalamus, this matter has now been settled.

I have received in my bank account a payment of 70% of the net purchase price of my Vaio in 2012.  Not quite enough to pay for a replacement, but I am pleased with the amount.

Thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have reported your issue to Sony as an escalation.  Please ensure you have the correct conact details in your profile and someone should contact you next week.

There are still humans in support 😉

Cheers

lijahko
Explorer

I am still waiting for a response, nine whole working days after I made my intitial request for support. 

Disappointing level of customer service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lijahko

Apologies for not relaying this information from Sony to you sooner - I forgot.  I recieved the following on the 12 -10-2015

"I have not been able to locate any case or email message related to this customer; as no phone number has been provided, please ask her to get in touch with Customer Support on 0207 365 2810"

If you do not wish to phone Sony, PM me your contact details and I'll ensure that they get passed to the right person.  However, please bear in mind that I dont work for Sony but help in trying to assist.

Once again, my apologies for not replying to you sooner.

Thank you.

lijahko
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus.  I appreciate your help.

I phoned Sony this morning.  I put in my Vaio serial number and after about 15 minutes queueing, finally got to talk to a person.  He took my name and phone number 'just in case we get cut off'.  He asked me if I had my laptop at hand, which of course I didn't, because I was at work.  Then the line cut off, and he never phoned me back.

I didn't want to go through the whole waiting process again, mainly because I was in the office and supposed to be working.  This is exactly the reason why I contacted Sony through the eSupport e-mail in the first place.  I find it odd that both of my e-mails to them seem to have vanished.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lijahko thanks for the update.  If you could PM me your email address, i will ensure that it goes to the correct area for them to email you back.  I have no idea why your emails have seemingly vanished.

lijahko
Explorer

I have just sent another message to e-Support:

I have sent you two requests already (first one three weeks ago) and I am still waiting for a response. I phoned your support number a week ago, but the call was cut off as soon as I stated my problem, and nobody phoned me back despite taking my details just a few seconds before.

A Sony Community member has been trying to help, and a week ago relayed the following message to me:

Dear all

we will contact the customer to follow up on her original case 13389178

Best regards,

Katarzyna

SONY SUPPORT TEAM

I am still waiting for someone to contact me. This is becoming very urgent as I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks, and need my laptop.

If for some reason, despite promises for continuing support, Sony are unwilling to help, I hope they can refund the £169 that I paid for the extended warranty, so that I can take my Vaio somewhere reliable for repairs.

Could you please respond urgently by e-mail.

lijahko
Explorer

Just in case anyone is curious about how this saga continues:

I finally received an e-mail from sony on 7/11/2015 - too little too late, as I was just about to go on holiday and had to travel without my laptop.  After I returned, my laptop was finally picked up for repairs by a courier on 17/12/2015. 

A month later, I received a call from Sony telling me my Vaio's motherboard had failed.  They said it would take up to a year (??) to get a part, but they could offer me buy back instead.  I said I couldn't wait for a year so I would like to take the buy back option.  They asked me for proof of purchase, which I e-mailed the same day. 

Nine days later a received the following reply:

"Thank you for contacting Sony support.

In regards to your query, as per our second level reply, please be advised that we are unable to offer a buy back offer for your Vaio.  Should you have further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact us via numbers below."

That was it.  No explanation.  I immediately e-mailed them back to ask what they were planning to do to resolve this issue.  That was four weeks ago, and still no reply.

The warranty agreement says: 

If we do not repair the Product we will replace it with equipment of the same or similar specification

They have had my laptop for over two months now and I have no idea what they are doing with it.

If anyone has had a similar experience, I'd appreciate some advice as to what I should do next.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

I have asked one of my contacts within Sony to investigate this for you, once I receive any feedback I'll update this thread..

lijahko
Explorer

Thanks, Thalamus.

Sony have now contacted me and looks like this is going to be resolved soon.  I will update here when it's all done.